Thursday, August 12, 2010

Pictures of Valdez to Tok

Well, I tried the new blogger editor and don 't like it--it doesn't seem to fix the problems and seems to me to make it more complicated.  Don't like the caption feature either--I don't think the pictures look as good.  Oh well, here are some pictures of our drive from Valdez to Tok.
Even though it was too rainy and foggy to see much of anything in Valdez, I could still enjoy the pots of beautiful flowers everywhere! 
Across Prince William Sound--Alyeska Oil tanks where the Alaska Pipeline ends up

Bridal Veil Falls north of Valdez on the Richardson Hwy. 
Worthington Glacier, north of Valdez
This one is for Mandy--this is Pippin Lake on the Tok Cutoff :)  Pretty lake!
Stream from glacier and surrounding mountains with a patch of blue sky--finally!
Scenery along Tok Cutoff (name of the road)--with blue skies!!
Scenery along Tok Cutoff headed to Tok
Prince William Sound--what we could see of it in the fog! I think there are some mountains over there in the fog somewhere!

1 comment:

  1. Pippin Lake sure looks peaceful... my Pippin didn't really seem to care when I showed him the picture though :P The one of Bridal Veil Falls is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete